NVDA is a screen reader produced by NV Access, an australian charity.
They have started this project as an answer for commercial screen readers which are expencive for a lot of people.
They build this software as an open source project, so every potential developer is very welcome to help this team.
The developers are blind, so they build up this piece of application with blinds requirements in mind.
Don’t think about NVDA because is free is not so great as commercial screen readers.
The actual stage of NVDA development is so high, near commercial versions, so just try it.
You can do any computer task in a very similar way as other screen readers.
Just learn more about how to use it.
Learn more about how to add different features as addons, add an change TTS voices and how to setup your desired preferences.
You’ll find out more about navigation, internet browsing, explore settings and keyboard commands and how to use it with usual programs as email clients, document processors or browsers.
- Find, download and install NVDA
- NVDA menu structure ; preferences/tools/vocaliser/help/restore configuration
- Setup TTS voices
- NVDA navigation; browse, object, cursors, reviews shortkeys
- Keyboard layout settings, mouse navigation,Braille settings
- Dictionary, punctuation, pronunciation, configuration settings profile.
- Addons, add or remove different features for NVDA
- Compatible TTS’s and devices
- Where to get help.
In the end of this course the student will be able to use NVDA for regular tasks as internet browse, write and read documents, email or search information, being able to use this screen reader for study, work or personal needs.
The students will know where to get help for this piece of software, add/remove addons, customize profiles and settings or speach preferences according with personal requirements.
You can have this course at some locations as following:
- Our locations in Bournemouth or Poole
- At your location
- Online via Skype
- By phone
You can make a booking for this course in few ways described below:
- By phone at 0845 64 34 685 or 077 88 24 11 25
- By Skype using Skype ID accessible.computer or clicking on the Skype icon on the right side of website
- Online using this Booking Form
Wish to buy now?
Join the newsletter
Insert your e-mail address here to receive notifications about new content available .